The Privacy Statement has been adopted by The Residences at Goldwynn and by those organizations using The Residences at Goldynn. Tradmarks under licence from The Residences at Goldwynn (referred to collectively as “The Residences at Goldwynn”), in order to demonstrate their commitment to the protection of individual privacy. The following discloses the personal information collection, use and disclosure practices of The Residences at Goldwynn.
For the purposes of this Statement, “personal information” means information that is personally identifiable to individuals. “Non-identifiable information” means information that cannot be associated with or traced back to specific individuals with any certainty.
How and when The Residences at Goldwynn collects personal information
- The Residences at Goldwynn collects personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis through surveys, contest entry forms, registration forms, questionnaires and transaction documents both online and offline. The personal information includes contact information (for example, name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number), demographic information household information, preference information and transaction related information.
Use of personal information by The Residences at Goldwynn
- The Residences at Goldwynn uses the personal information that it collects for the following:
- To communicate with individuals
- To understand individuals needs
- To promote and offer products, services and special offers that meet individual needs or that might be of interest to individuals based on information provided and approved by The Residences at Goldwynn.
- To provide individuals with products or services that are requested or that is part of The Residences at Goldwynn’s ongoing service with its customers.
- To conduct, process and complete transactions with The Residences at Goldwynn customers.
The information also enables us to develop and customize our products and services to better meet the needs and preferences of customers. The Residences at Goldwynn may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of personal information by The Residences at Goldwynn
- The Residences at Goldwynn does not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects. The Residences at Goldwynn will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- When The Residences at Goldwynn has received consent to do so or under limited circumstances specficially described at such time as personal information is collected;
- When The Residences at Goldwynn, in good faith, believes the law permits or requires such disclosure;
- To affiliated and associated companies within The Residences at Goldwynn group of companies and only for the purposes described in paragraph 2 above. These affiliated and associated companies and their respective employees are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described in paragraph 2 above.
- To its agents, professional advisors, promotional and marketing agencies, and to any other Third Parties in order to complete transactions, to process data and to service customers. These Third Parties and their respective employees are only provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted and are restricted from using the personal information for any other purposes other than as described in paragraph 2 above.
- In the event of the sale of The Residences at Goldwynn, personal information may be one of the transferre business assets.
Retention of personal information by The Residences at Goldwynn
- At such time as personal information is no longer required for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or other statutory requirements, such personal information will be made anonymous or destroyed.
Collection, use and disclosure of non-identifiable information
- The Residences at Goldwynn collects and uses Non-identifiable Information to assess the effectiveness of website content and traffic. This allows the Residences at Goldwynn to improve the quality of visitors to web sites managed by it by streamlining vistors’ ability to navigate these sites and developing featured programs and content that will be of interest to visitors. Aggregate non-identifiable information is used to perform statistical analysis of the collective characteristics and behavior of individuals, and to measure demographics and interests.
- The Residences at Goldwynn also uses aggregate non-identifiable information it collects to inform its current and prospective sponsors and advertisers about the number of visits to its web sites, the demographic characteristics of these visitors and the number of times visitors have viewed and “clicked” on their advertisement(s). The Residences at Goldywynn also discloses advertisers to overall demographics available regarding visitors who “clicked” on their advertisement. Aggregate non-identifiable business partners and financial institutions. In any of these circumstances, only non-identifiable information in an aggregate form and not personal information is disclosed.
Web sites operated by third parties
- Web sites operated by The Residences at Goldwynn may contain links to other web sites that may collect personal information. This Statement does not extend to the data collection, disclosure, use and retention practices of such third parties and The Residences at Goldwynn does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of such third parties, and make an informed decision whether or not to visit such web sites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon their privacy practices and individual discretion.
Safeguarding personal information
- The Residences at Goldwynn has taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information as are appropriate in the circumstances. Personal information is stored in confidential databases and locations in the Greater Toronto Area. These sites have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under the care and control of The Residences at Goldwynn. Any information transmitted via the Internet, however, may be intercepted by thir parties. The Residences at Goldwynn does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. The Residences at Goldwynn employees are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by The Residences at Goldwynn other than in accordance with this Statement.
Accessing personal information
- Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by The Residences at Goldwynn. The Residences at Goldwynn believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help, The Residences at Goldwynn keep personal information as current as possible, The Residences at Goldwynn encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections in their personal information collected by The Residences at Goldwynn as often as necessary.
How to File a Complaint
- To file a complaint with The Residences at Goldwynn concerning the use, and/or disclosure of personal information, please send an email to The Residences at Goldwynn at email@example.com or call 416.751.4242. All complaints will be investigated by The Residences at Goldwynn as soon as is practical in the circumstances. Individuals will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of complaints clearly and promptly and will be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of a complaint.
The choice to provide personal information or to receive certain information and promotional materials.
- Individuals always have the choice whether or not they wish to supply The Residences at Goldwynn with personal information. Individuals wishing to “opt-out’ of receiving certain information and promotional materials from The Residences at Goldwynn or who otherwise object to the collection, use and disclosure policies as provided under the Privacy Statement, are asked to contact The Residences at Goldwynn by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.751.4242.
Opt-out opportunities are also provided in other circumstances, such as in certain promotional mailings. Individuals are reminded that the decision to withhold personal information or to object to the use and/or disclosure of personal information as provided in this Privacy Statement or in any agreement between such individuals and The Residences at Goldwynn, may, in certain instances, limit their ability to complete purchases of The Residences at Goldwynn products and services and limit their ability to access or take advantage of certain promotions and features.
Your personal information is obtained and used only with your consent that may be expressed or implied depending on the circumstance.
Comments and questions
- Any comments or questions about this Statement, should be addressed to The Residences at Goldwynn as follows:
By Email: email@example.com
By phone: 416.751.4242
Effective date of Statement
- This Statement has been adopted by The Residences at Goldwynn as of February 13, 2018. Revisions to the Statement will be posted on goldwynnbahamas.com as soon as possible.